Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Seafood Thai Green Curry


I just realized that I can buy a really good quality organic frozen broccoli at Costco.  I used to buy frozen broccoli at the local supermarkets and it was fulled of stems instead of the florets.  While browsing through Costco, I came across the organic frozen veggies station and decided to give it a try.  To my utter surprise, the frozen organic broccoli was all florets, no stem at all!  And it was so fresh and beautiful, furthermore, it is organic!  What best can I ask for!  Next time I am going to try other frozen organic veggie as well.

The above is my lazy one dish Thai green curry meal.  Just go buy some Thai curry paste and put it in your freezer and it will last you for a long time.  Furthermore, anytime you can just whip up some lazy one dish meal to feed your family.  The brand that I am using is Mae Ploy and you can find it in any of the Asian supermarket.  Enjoy!




Ingredients:

12 large shrimps, shelled
1 Swai fish fillet, cut into smaller pieces
Frozen organic green beans, to suit
Frozen organic  broccoli, to suit
2 organic carrot
1 cup of sliced organic celery
1 big shallot

3 Tbsp.  Thai green curry paste
1 cup. coconut cream
2 cups of water
Fish sauce to taste
Thai Palm sugar, one
Himalayan Salt to taste

Methods:

1.  In a pot, add in some coconut oil, fry the shallot and green curry paste until fragrant.  Add in the water and let it boil.  When boiling, add the carrot, celery, frozen green bean and broccoli.  Let it boil again.  Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

2.  Add in the coconut cream, shrimps and fish and the rest of the seasonings and let it simmer for 10 minutes.  Do a taste test and adjust accordingly.  Serve with hot steaming rice!


7 comments:

garfield411 said...

nice recipe gonna try it

white and vintage said...

This soup looks so delicious! Thanks for the recept!

Peter Gale said...

That looks really tasty! I will definitely try making this. Thanks for sharing.

Paul Burgin said...

So delicious, I will try to cook this.. Thanks for the recipe

Anonymous said...

Delicious

Baroness Susan Greenfield said...

Wooow! This is an incredible free resource and a perfect timing for me too because I am also trying to cook for my husband. I appreciate this so much!

Online Reputation Management said...

Hey, Im an avid follower of your posts and as usual I love it so much and I’m going to steal this when you’re not looking at lol Keep writing!