Thursday, April 21, 2016

Cheesy Sausage Rotini with Broccoli and Cauliflower




My little Edda told me she wanted to eat cheese pasta and my Evy told me she has a craving for sausages.  Hence, this dish was created to satisfy both of my girls.  As for me, I wanted some veggies in every meal so of course I had to add some broccoli and cauliflower into the pasta to make this one dish meal more balance.  Very easy to make and delicious to eat, try to make it yourself!

These days I found frozen vegetables more suitable to my lifestyle.  With work and taking care of my girls, sometimes I just don't have time to cook an elaborate meal anymore.  I am not a wasteful person and I hate to throw away rotten vegetable but I found myself doing that quite often because I just didn't have the time to cook it.  So, frozen veggies work best for me and it is so convenient too and I don't have to worry about wastage.






Ingredients:

1 box of Grain Berry Whole Grain Rotini  (12oz)
1 packet of Oscar Mayer Selects Italian herb uncured cooked pork sausage (13oz) (no nitrates/nitrites added, no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors, no fillers, no added hormones, made with premium cuts of pork and hardwood smoked)
1 (12oz) frozen broccoli and cauliflower
8 slices of Sargento natural mild cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
1 cup organic whole milk, or more if needed
Dashes of Italian seasoning
Sea and Rock salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Extra Virgin olive oil to cook

Methods:

1.  Boil water in a large pot, when boiling, add in rotini and some salt to cook, set the timer for 10 minutes.  When done, pour into a sieve and run with cold water.  Drain and set aside.

2.  Take out the sausage and thinly slice it, set aside.

3.  In a saute-pan, add in some evoo and pan-fry the sausages until hot.  Set aside.

4.  In another saute-pan, add in some evoo and pour in the frozen cauliflower and broccoli and pan-fry until soften.  Add in the rotini, mix well.  

5.  Add in the milk and cheese, mix well or until the cheese has melted.  Add in more milk if needed.

6.  Add in cooked sausages and seasonings to taste.  Serve hot!



2 comments:

tigerfish said...

Frozen vegetables are so good when there is no time to spare prepping and cooking. I use it often too - peas, corn, edamame.

Take care!

Juliana said...

Nice and simple...like the vegetables in this pasta dish...one pot meal.
Hope you are having a great week Ching :)