Thursday, May 14, 2015

Lemony Lemon Cookies (Crispy)


Teacher Appreciation Week was the first week of May and my girls wanted to make their teachers some homemade cookies.  So, I picked an easy recipe from my collection and let them made it themselves!  The above cookies were made by them, they did the whole thing and even made the lemon icing sugar and spread it themselves.

The shapes and thickness were not perfect but they did it all by themselves so I am very proud of them.  Evy knew how to make brownie too, I guess next time I can leave the baking to them huh?

This is a crispy lemony lemon cookie like the name implied and oh so irresistible!  Try it and feedback to me ya as this is a fool proof recipe that even my girls could make it.  Oh yeah, they did the washing too!  :)


Ingredients:

(A)
1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt

(B)
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. pure lemon extract
1 Tbsp. almond milk (or milk)

Lemon Icing:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice


Method:

1.  In a food processor, add in (A), give it a few pulses.

2.  Then add in (B).  Pulse until a soft dough is formed.

3.  Preheat oven to 350'F.

4.  In a flat surface, roll the dough and cut it into shapes.  Place on lined baking pan.  Finish the rest.

5.  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool on wire rack.

6.  In a bowl, prepare the lemon icing.  Just whisk the ingredients together.

7.  Decorate the lemon icing on the cooled cookies as you wish.  Let the icing harden for few hours (I left it overnight on the counter top before storing into an air-tight container).

1 comment:

Juliana said...

I love lemony food, and these cookies sound and look really good...I love the idea of crispy...very cute too!
Have a great week Ching :)