Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Fries


What I did when I have some sweet potatoes at home?  Dump it into curry, turn it into fries and make a Chinese sweet dessert soup with it.

Since I don't really do deep-frying these days, I chose to bake it.  Baking it also easier as I don't have to fry them in batches, less time consuming, less messy (no oil spattering every way) and also easy clean up.  It might not be as crispy as the deep-fried one, but suit our family just fine.
 



Ingredients:

1 large sweet potato, cut into French Fries shape

Season it with,
Olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Pepper Medley
Dried celery

After that coat it with rice flour.

Preheat oven to 400'F.  Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange the sweet potato fries in one single layer.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Turn it over and continue to bake for additional 20 minutes.  Serve warm.

7 comments:

tigerfish said...

I have also done baked sweet potato fries before and not very crispy but let me do it again and I will still bake them :P

Alice said...

looks really good and so healthy too :)

shaz said...

looks delicious and healthy at the same time. Im sure my veggie-phobic kids will lap this up.

Ivy Sew said...

Healthy and yummy :)

Anonymous said...

My friend just told me about your blog and also "Cooking With Mr. C." on Facebook.(also a blog) I'm glad for the two recommendations. I love when people share good blogs with each other. Denise

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nowadays I prefer bake than deep fry too...

TheDinoChef said...

I have never gotten to actually try sweet potato fries before. I will have to try this. They look delicious.