Sunday, May 01, 2011

Haiji White Bread Using a Breadmaker


Since I really loved the Haiji white bread recipe that I tried earlier, I decided to finish it in the bread maker.  It was easier than using a dough function.  I double the recipe for this 2 lb. loaf and it came out all right.


The bread was still soft and with light crust.  With the crust, it was not as soft as using the dough function and finished it in a pullman tin.  As the crust held the bread together.  But if I am seriously lazy, this would certainly do.  I want to play with this recipe some more... :-)



Ingredients:

  • 500g bread flour
  • 6g instant yeast
  • 400ml milk
  • 20g sugar
  • 6g salt
  • 20g butter

Method:

1.  In a bread-maker, add the following in order.  First add milk, butter, sugar, flour, salt and lastly make an indentation to one side of the flour and add yeast.  Turn the bread-maker on and set to basic function, 2 lb loaf and light crust and let it does it work.

11 comments:

Jocie's Mom said...

Looks delish. I want a breadmaker so badly now!

pigpigscorner said...

Looks very light and fluffy! I really should invest in a breadmaker!

Belinda @zomppa said...

In a bread machine? I can do this! Looks so fluffy.

daphne said...

That is easy! I like 3 liner recipes. I really should stop using bread mix and just try making bread like this!

chopinandmysaucepan said...

Can't say I'm a fan of white bread now although I liked it when I was growing up in Malaysia

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks all. :)

chopinandmysaucepan, me too, that's why I made a whole wheat version, LOL! Will be published soon.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

There is nothing like fresh bread. The aroma and the taste is wonderful. Even if you are not completely satisfied, I am sure it is a lot better than store bought bread.

tigerfish said...

Standing so tall!

Juliana said...

Oh! Your bread looks delicious, light and fluffy. Perfect at anytime. Have a great week ahead :-)

Food Frenzy said...

I love bread. We have breadmaker and don't use it nearly enough.

Unknown said...

That looks great. These are the times I wish I had a bread maker.