Monday, December 05, 2005

Vietnamese Influence Turkey Noodle Soup

The best way to get rid of the turkey bones or the drumsticks and wings is to make stock or soup. If you make a lot of the stock, you can freeze it in some containers and take out one to defroze overnight in the fridge for next day use.

For this noodle soup, I used one back bone, two drumsticks and a wing and did a Vietnamese twist to it by adding lemon grass, star anise, 5 spice powder, roasted onions and ginger, fish sauce and salt & sugar to taste. I simmered it for four hours. I got the inspiration from tt's beef noodle. :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As to serve, I got some fresh basil, saw tooth herb, quick blanched bean sprouts and onion, turkey meats and DoDo fish balls. Oh tt, if you read this, the saw tooth herb really won't hurt my mouth. Hahaha... Thanks!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After the noodle had been assembled. The herbs gave it such a nice fragrant and the crunchy bean sprouts gave it an extra bite to the noodle soup. I served it with Sriracha Hot sauce and Hoisin sauce.

3 comments:

Tazz said...

Ching, DoDo fishballs are also available there? I thought DoDo is a Singapore brand? Maybe I am suaku! *lol*

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi tazz, yes we can get imported DoDo fish balls here. Not only fish balls, other variety as well. Not cheap though,$4 a pack!

Tazz said...

$4/- a pack?! -_-"